Aaaand we’re back!
April was a pretty good month in terms of blog posts here at Aerou! And it looks like May may be able to keep it up – I’ve been scheduling in posts here and there. I forgot how much I enjoyed writing posts on the blog until I started it again; I’m not really good at speaking up, and so having this here for me to rant and ramble is really liberating in a way? I’ve been blogging on and off for almost six years now and I don’t think I can see myself fully quitting anytime soon, even if I disappear/go on breaks here and there. It’s just. Really nice. Wah. >//<
the month that was april
- I read some books outside of the ones I had to read for school or work! One of them was a re-read of an English YA novel, and the other was a Chinese book I’ve heard great things about. I had this one scene from Aimee Carter’s Goddess Interrupted in my head for the longest time for some reason, and so when I saw it at the library in my hour break between classes, I couldn’t resist picking it up for another read. The series has never been my favorite by any shot, but it was really nostalgic? And then the other book was 微微一笑很倾城! My Chinese sucks so I actually started this a while back, but only finished it this month. There were some parts I had to assume the meaning of with my knowledge of Japanese kanji, but I really enjoyed the story! I liked the relationships between the characters, the concept was really cute, and the respect with the way Xiao Nai treated Wei Wei was everything >//<
- My roommate introduced me to stroopwafels and they’re amazing but also kinda expensive for my broke ass. She gave me a box and now I’m carefully rationing out the waffles so that it lasts me until the end of the school year hehe.
- I also finished my first batch of midterms! Being on the quarter system means every season is midterm season T_T But at least my first ones are done! And I managed to score well on them, so I’m really happy; hopefully, I’ll be able to carry this over to the next ones, and keep it up throughout the remainder of the school year as well ^^
- Skincare updates! Last time, I mentioned starting the Innisfree green tea cleanser oil – I did, and it was woooonderful. It smelled really nice and cleaned makeup off really well, and I really liked their green tea toner as well. I went back fully intending to repurchase Innisfree’s toner, but then noticed that Etude’s Wonder Pore toner was having a sale, so I caved… I’ll be back with a report on that soon! I did repurchase Innisfree’s cleanser oil, though I tried out the apple seed one this time, which a friend highly recommended. If it’s anything like the green tea, I’ll love it for sure^^ I also kind of allowed myself to go on a little bit of a makeup/skincare shopping spree and indulged in their whitening sleeping mask as well, with mixed feelings about the results…? The smell is really nice, and it applies really nicely. However, I don’t really see any results? I also broke out a bit two weeks after introducing it to my skincare routine. Honestly, the timing of the breakout makes the cause a little uncertain, but I will be a little more cautious with it from now on. I don’t think I’ll repurchase, but I do fully intend on using up the jar. It was pretty pricey, after all^^;;
- Honestly, my life isn’t interesting enough for a whole section of my monthly wrap-ups to be dedicated to it ahah.
april on the blog
- I started a new feature, Channel Aerou, for all the dramas and shows I watch! The first post on this feature showcases some really nice police/detective-related dramas I enjoyed, as well as a couple others^^
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab was the inspiration for my latest study!
- I posted another Channel Aerou post! This one showcases, among others, Ode to Joy – which you definitely should go watch if you haven’t already. It definitely has its place amongst my all-time favorite Chinese dramas^^
- Time for another graveyard post roundup! From top ten posts to cooking videos, here’s another list of posts I started but never finished.
the status update corner
In the karaoke booth: TT (TWICE)
On the nightstand: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
The app that never closes: Twitter
And, the show: 微微一笑很倾城
Current worry: Chem is… chem.
Looking forward to: Summer 😀