Another month – done! We’re inching closer and closer to winter break! I’m booking tickets home tonight, and I’m ridiculously excited. I hate riding airplanes, but if it means heading home for the holidays… YES PLEASE! But I’m getting a little ahead of myself. So. Today on the blog: the month that was October!
October on the blog
- I read and loved The False Prince!
- THERE IS A THREE INGREDIENT BOBA RECIPE and you can find it riiight here.
- Death Sworn was also a really nice read! Right up my alley 🙂
- The Book Thief was a good read? Quiet and lovely, but definitely not all I was hoping for.
- On the other hand, I didn’t know what to expect with The Reader and it turned out to be a really fun read!
- My good-reads streak was broken by the “meh” This Song Will Safe Your Life…
- And The Bone Season…
Out and about
I’ve safely survived my first lab evaluation, handed in a major translating project, and just finished my first batch of midterms, and I’m honestly terrified because my bio scores come out in two days (or, two days at the time of writing up this post), and I have absolutely no idea how it went – I did manage to answer every single question in detail, but I might’ve done them all wrong? It’s happened before ><;; (thank god for ochem’s otherwise depressingly low averages, ahah).
But, a different subject! I got around to trying the Mediheal Acai facemask I was talking about in my last month’s wrap-up! It smelled lovely, but I’ll be honest: I’ve tried masks from Mediheal, Tonymoly, and Innisfree, and the way they feel on my skin and the results they produce appear just about the same. I still have quite a few masks to go through, but next time I’m buying, I really think I might just go for the cheapest options, in this case. Does anyone have any recs, maybe?
I’ve also been expanding items on my menu list! I’ve been telling myself that I should make dumplings – they’re a bit time-consuming, but once they’re done, I can throw them in the fridge and the batch’ll probably last me a week or two, right? But I’m super lazy to attempt it… I have finally lugged a bag of rice back to my apartment, and I finally got around to buying proper cooking utensils, so I’ve been making things like Korean pancakes and pasta and omelets and stir-fried noodles, though! So that’s a step? I’m still averaging just one big meal and one little meal per day, but at least my mom’s not convinced I’m going to die of hunger anymore…^^;;;
October on the playlist
- 여자친구 GFriend – 유리구슬 Glass Bead
- 여자친구(GFRIEND) – 시간을 달려서(Rough)
- 여자친구(GFRIEND) – 너 그리고 나
- 여자친구 GFRIEND – 오늘부터 우리는
- GFRIEND(여자친구) _ LOVE WHISPER(귀를 기울이면) (so, I got really into a certain group this month…)
So there we have it! My October in a nutshell. And now, onto you – how was your month? The good, the bad – let me know! There’s only two months left of the year – we can do this!!