THREE weeks until I’m officially done with this semester and able to fly home and I can’t wait. I’m so excited and tempted to pull out my suitcase and start packing but I told myself I’d wait until at least December to do so. Also, midterms are finally done and out of the way, and we’ve just finished with the last batch of research participants down at my lab, so things are finally starting to feel a little like the end of the semester! And now, to the blog – here’s how November looked-
November on the blog
- I reviewed Scarlet by Marissa Meyer with unamused Benedict Cumberbatch gifs, which basically sums up my reading experience.
- Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes was… marginally better… but I still kind of wanted to punt some of the characters off the edge of a cliff.
- I switched things up a little and posted an ongoing list of amazing Asian drama! 10/10 would highly recommend watching them when you get the chance^^
- As You Wish by Chelsea Sedoti was another disappointing read, to put it lightly.
- tHEN I READ A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC BY VICTORIA SCHWAB AND IT SINGLE-HANDEDLY SAVED MY READING LIST THIS MONTH PRAISE.
Out and about
/Insert inhoherent screaming and tearful rambling here because I JUST RECEIVED TO KILL A KINGDOM BY ALEXANDRA CHRISTO and not going to like the tentacles on the cover look hella weird bUT IM STILL EXCITED ASDFJDLKGDSF/
In the realm of beauty products… I’ve gone through and tried out most of the new products in my stash, so there really isn’t much to say anymore. I did finally open the TonyMoly Panda’s Dream White Hand Cream. I love the packaging! It’s super cute, and as for the inside – the formula smells amazing, and while I don’t see any of the effects people are raving about online, it’s true that it isn’t too oily, and absorbs nicely into your skin. It’s rather meh, though, packaging aside. I also tried TonyMoly’s shiny foot moisture cream with similar results, cute packaging aside. It’s decent and does the job, but doesn’t go above and beyond, and isn’t worth raving about.
I was so, so tempted to splurge on Black Friday, but bills are kind of tight this month (@NYC what’s up) – which, speaking of, because of this I’m going to put up a ton of the books I have for sale, so if you’re interested, please keep an eye out on my twitter! Aughhhh there were so many eye-catching sales though! Did you guys get anything? Let me know so I can live vicariously through you, heheh.
All that aside, this entire month’s mostly been an endless cycle of eat, sleep, school. I wish I could post about more interesting things, but unfortunately, the most noteworthy thing I’ve done was accidentally burn the skin off my pinky and dye half of my left hand purple (which is a more common occurrence in our lab than you’d think, ahah). Next month, though! I’ll be heading back home and getting to eat all that good food and catching up with my friends, so there’ll be things to ramble about then. I can’t wait <3
October on the playlist
- 病名は愛だった ／ 天月×96猫 【歌ってみた】
- back number – 「瞬き」
- [Alexandros] – 明日、また (MV) (short ver.)
- Rita Ora – Anywhere
So there we have it! My November in a nutshell. And now, onto you – how was your month? How was your Thanksgiving, if you celebrated it? (Or rather, how did you celebrate it? I’ve never done so, and I’m curious!)